Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Sunday, September 1, 2013

TV Series - How to Make it in America - 2 seasons- 2010/11 - 4 stars out of 5 stars



Since I'm from Brooklyn originally I must admit I loved the realistic scenes of the city I knew which is far more that Manhattan.While the story is very "today"much is as I remembered from back in the day.The clash of cultures and aspirations are very NYC-ish. However its not the NY others had seen so it has  a very regional approach and maybe thats why it only lasted 2 seasons.Still I did enjoy it and highly recommend it.The theme music is great,acting good enough and as I said,the story lines are very NY.I only took 1 star off as I have trouble with the the"fashion"end of it by that was more than made up for with"rasta monster"You have to see it,ha,ha.Opening credits URL follows the picture and a IMDB summary below.

"How to Make It in America" follows two enterprising Brooklyn twenty somethings as they hustle their way through New York City, determined to achieve the American Dream. Trying to make a name for themselves in New York's competitive fashion scene, Ben Epstein (Greenberg) and his friend and business partner Cam Calderon (Rasuk) use their street knowledge and connections to bring their ambitions to fruition. With the help of Cam's cousin Rene (Guzman), who is trying to market his own high-energy drink, and their well-connected friend Domingo ("Kid Cudi"), the entrepreneurs set out to make it big, encountering obstacles along the way that will require all their ingenuity to overcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sN49nNdE58

No comments:

Post a Comment