Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Saturday, October 8, 2011

George A. Romero's Land of the Dead - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

I could only give this film 3 1/2 stars because I'm zomb'ed out !! Still this is the fourth from the zombie master and by far the most recognizable cast of actors.The story is as all zombie stories go, trying to get by in the middle of shi _ !!What I also found interesting in the casting is Dario Argento's daughter,Asia Argento as Slack ,a slut turned good by our hero Simon Baker as Riley Denbo .Getting back to Asia,her dad is the famed horror director from Italy and she seems to gravitate to screen roles that fuel her dad's filmed roles of women as playthings for the warped  minds of men in the most brutish ways.
But the real star here is John Leguizamo as Cholo DeMora ,a street punk who just sees zombies as a way to his own success working for Dennis Hopper as Kaufman ,a rich thug who thrives no matter what suffering is going on around him.Romero wrote and directed so its a message film not just violent for no reason.Still I was rocked by his first low budget masterpiece night of the living dead.This film just nudged me,but as I said before maybe its just me being zomb'ed out.Released in 2005 in runs 93 minutes.Trailer URL follows pix.
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1419051289/

No comments:

Post a Comment