Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Friday, December 16, 2011

All That Jazz - 4 stars out of 5 stars

My 250th review was brought about by yesterdays review of "Lenny" directed by Bob Fosse who directed this film as well, which is acknowledged to be a veiled  bio of his own life. The music rocks, the acting is great and  the "feeling"of B'way is pervasive.However try as I might,I felt nothing for the character Joe Gideon played by Roy Scheider which is thought to be Fosse.
That character was a junky womanizer with talent.Thats why I remember it after Lenny who was basically the same BUT a trailblazer.Fosse was a talent but a trailblazer,a little egotistical on his part I think.
Anyway, if you want a little insight to what its like to"get"on broadway,check it out.Released in 1979 its a little long at 130 minutes.I took the star off for the length and not caring about Gideon.Love the feel of the theater and the music and dancing however.Trailer URL follows the pix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C74Pae3PpMo

No comments:

Post a Comment