Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sweet Dreams - 3 stars out of 5 stars


Released in 1985 and running 115 minutes,I wanted to really like this film.In the end I had to take 2 stars off because it was vert slow moving with little backstory of the major characters before they met and my own intolerance for those who can't handle success.
Sadly I did learn from this film that the great country singer,Patsy Cline,died young in a plane crash. Jessica Lange  was ok as Patsy although all the singing was actual recordings of Patsy,and Ed Harris  was fine as her white trash husband Charlie Dick .The movie centers on the tough road Patsy rode with her husband and that their marriage was"complicated"at best.So not knowing anything about her before the movie,I know little more other than the way she died,after viewing it. Questionable script at best.I did like the music.So I would recommend only for country music fans new to music and want a little info about the legends.Trailer URL follows the picture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac6r1JJPhA8

No comments:

Post a Comment