Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Debt - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

This is film is strange indeed,a throwback to the classic cold war thriller days with deep dark secrets. Perhaps I've seen too many of these films because I was strangely unmoved when it was finished.Released in 2010 and running 113 minutes,I was draw to this film because of Helen Mirren.However the entire cast was fine even Tom Wilkinson whom I thought going in ,might be in over his head,he wasn't,and did fine.There were 2 fine plot twists near the end that made it worth while sitting through a rather boring film otherwise.So if you like films about the old cold war days when Nazi war criminals were hunted in secret by Isreali agents, told in flashback to today,you might like this film.
Perhaps I must see it again.Still i resent or should I say doubt the old love"triangle"and "pops there he is"plot twists at the end.Although a desperate 80 something vs a 60 something fight to the death is done in a such a way that it is NOT laughable.So thats why I had to take 1 and 1/2 stars off.I've said enough.Trailer URL follows the pix and a IMDB summary is below.OH yes,also 2 of todays best young actors also have major roles and do them well,Jessica Chastain and Sam Worthington.

1965, three Mossad agents cross into East Berlin to apprehend a notorious Nazi war criminal. Thirty years later, the secrets the agents share come back to haunt them.
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi22978073/

No comments:

Post a Comment