Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Airplane - 4 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

A fine comedy but not as funny as viewed over again.Mostly visual with a funny scene of men with guns walking right through metal detectors and Hari-Krishna ect.Verbal jokes like don't call me surely and do you like gladiators ? Still I guess I just know whats coming now.Still if you haven't seen it YOU MUST !!!
I just took  1/2 stars off because I've seen it to much and must not have a life.
Released in 1980 and running only 88 minutes the cast is hilarious starting with Leslie Nielsen and right down the line.Trailer URL follows the pix and a IMDB summary below.
The first truly"spoof"film I can recall.In this case of airplane disaster films of which there
had been a few including a famous John Wayne film"the high and the mighty"and "Airport"however other films such as "jaws"and "Saturday night fever"take hits as well.
Yup I guess I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue.

An airplane crew takes ill. Surely the only person capable of landing the plane is an ex-pilot afraid to fly. But don't call him Shirley.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaXvFT_UyI8

No comments:

Post a Comment