Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Monday, June 27, 2011

The Sorcerer's Apprentice - 4 stars out of 5 stars

I'm not really into magic and sorcery movies like Harry Potter ect. Some thing from my catholic up bringing I guess.However when I saw the cast I gave it a watch.It's ok if you like that sort of stuff,magic,that is.I took 1 1/2 stars off because I don't.Released in 2010 and running 109 minutes,its the story of 1000 year old imprisoned sorcerer about to be freed to raise the dead and end the world.However through the years a good sorcerer who had imprisoned the bad one,searches for a descendant  of the master sorcerer Merlin who will be able to slay the bad one.Ok as I said magic stories are crazy and require a real stretch of logic and as a sci-fi fan logic I can't do that.But as I said the cast.Nicolas Cage as Balthazar Blake,the good sorcerer.My favorite new actor,Jay Baruchel  as Dave Stutler,the descendant,and finally,Alfred Molina as Maxim Horvath,servant sorcerer to the bad sorcerer.So if you like this kind of film,the CGI will impress and you will enjoy.For me,once is enough,though I did enjoy it, just won't buy it.Trailer follows pix and oh yes the NYC backdrop is cool.
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi780142105/

No comments:

Post a Comment