Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Do The Right Thing - 4 stars out of 5 stars


Arguably Spikes most famous film.I like it but I can't make up my mind if its my favorite Spike film because I like SOoooooooo many of his.Released in 1989 and running a just right 120 minutes I took 1 star off because I disagree that a riot is sometimes justified.That said,sit back and enjoy the flick.Spike played a major role himself as Mookie.He's not in class of some of the other actors but he does't shame himself ether.Danny Aiello as Salvatore 'Sal' Fragione,lends credibility to the story as a inner-city pizza parlor owner and Spike regular John Turturro plays Pino,Sal's son.Ruby and Ossie have roles and the rest of the cast is outstanding especially Giancarlo Esposito as Buggin Out,the instigator of most of the conflicts.Great soundtrack as well.Trailer URL follows the pix and a IMDB summary is below.FIGHT THE POWER !!!!  

On the hottest day of the year on a street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn, everyone's hate and bigotry smolders and builds until it explodes into violence.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=muc7xqdHudI

No comments:

Post a Comment