Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Green Lantern - 3 stars out of 5 stars


It's hard NOT to like a film that has a scene at a bar when a guy persuades a girl to dance to the tune,Come Softly to me by the Fleetwoods. Sadly ,thats the part I liked the most. DC comics has always been my favorite or Marvel and their heros,but,Green Lantern was one I rarely saw so I didn't really know how true the commix the movie would be.However early in the film we learn that Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan / Green Lantern ,is flying F35 fighters for a munitions company doing tests  against drones,we know its a MUCH updated version of the comic IF like it at all.So judging it on the film alone,its so-so.Toooooo much CGI and outer space mubo jumbo kill the earth plot and well,I never liked Ryan Reynolds in serious roles,I just don't believe him.Still,its not worse than most of the stuff out there and it ends on a sequel idea.One will hope THAT will be better as I crave more DC comic heros.They changed Batman actors,they can with Green Lantern too.Trailer URL follows the pix and a IMDB summary below.

A test pilot is granted an alien ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oazFv302DIM

No comments:

Post a Comment