Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hero ( 2002 ) - 4 stars out of 5 stars

Although I loved a couple of historical Chinese martial films that I reviewed in the last week,this one is not in that class.Although it has historical relevance and filmed magnificently with a tragic love story,it relies much too heavily on martial arts,and the flying through the air type that defies gravity  to boot.Thats why I took 1 star off.However I realize that martial arts does entail that sort of thing in films so who am I to say what is too much.It was released in 2002 and runs 99  minutes.The story SEEMED obvious but is indeed more layered as the film goes on and thats why I stuck with it.I am a incurable romantic.Trailer URL follows the pix and a IMDB summary below.Enjoy it for what it is,I did.

In ancient China, before the reign of the first emperor, warring factions throughout the Six Kingdoms plot to assassinate the most powerful ruler, Qin. When a minor official defeats Qin's three principal enemies, he is summoned to the palace to tell Qin the story of his surprising victory. Written by Yocke
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bFK2Iuo5eE

No comments:

Post a Comment