Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Monday, January 7, 2013

Rush - 4 1/2 stars out of 5 stars


Nasty and violent with the ring of truth.Not a good time cop"buddy"film at all.I hated this story but it rings so true and should be seen for those who seek that in a film.I don't however and thats the reason I took 1/2 star off and will never watch it again.To begin to understand what I mean by that lets start with why I viewed it to begin with.It seemed to be about the coastal region below Houston Tx that I now have a interest in.However the movie said its Tyler TX but the scenes seem to be around Texas City,no matter.What I got was a hard tough to watch story about 2 undercover narcs unlike what I had ever seen before.The music in the film keep me watching and then I stayed for the intense acting by B level talent bringing their A game.Its not right to state the music or the stars.The story is the key.Tough,rough and lowlife realism in a rural Texas setting rather than the run of the mill urban northern city settings of the vast majority of crime movies.That alone for you realism freaks is a reason to view this film.Be warned,its not a happy ending film at all.Trailer URL follows the pix and a IMDB summary below. Released in 1991 in runs 120 minutes.

Raynor is an undercover narcotics cop. For his next assignment he chooses the more inexperienced but tough and good-looking Kristen. Their ultimate target is Gaines, a renowned but very elusive drug dealer. While doing their work they unexpectedly fall into a morase of drug-addiction and fall in love with each other. Despite subjecting themselves to the life of low class, one track junkies they do not get the evidence they want to convict Gaines, and instead are forced into using false evidence in court. Written by k wedgwood 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3poimzNM5SY

No comments:

Post a Comment