Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Life Of Pi - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

Although this is a stunning film it has a "Pan's Labyrinth",a film I also reviewed,feel to it.
In this 2012 release by academy award director Ang Lee,that runs 127 minutes,I took 1 and 1/2 stars off only for that reason.You have to see both films to get where I'm coming from,or maybe I'm wrong,its for you to decide.That said,on its own merits it is intriguing and uplifting and I do recommend it.But I won't say anymore because I may be of base a little on the Pan's Labyrinth connection but enough said.You decide for yourself.Trailer URL follows the picture and a IMDB summary below.

A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While cast away, he forms an unexpected connection with another survivor: a fearsome Bengal tiger.
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2646320921/

No comments:

Post a Comment