Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Back to the Future - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars


OK,I admit I wasn't thrilled when I first saw this 1985 release that runs 116 minutes.However over the years I've begun to see it quite differently.As a pure sci-fi time travel film,no,it not up to par,but add a story about reverse family "raising"and superb  acting from a well cast group,and its a very different and unique film.Michael J. Fox as our time traveler and Lea Thompson as his "mom" and even Christopher Lloyd as a scientist are what trully make this film work.However the science is still silly.Thats why I took 1 and 1/2 stars off. Delorean and Toyota cars in the movie,since the movie is a homage to the 50's,really??? What happened to GM or Ford??
I really remember nothing about the two sequels this film spawned but I will revisit them shortly.
Its weird in many respects,a kid telling dad what to do,having his mom"hot"for him,skateboarding when it was still "skate boxes"and rock and roll and the counter scene with "tab"or "pepsi free" are cute enough even the terrorist references work eerily well.
So try it again,I did,and enjoy it more today than yesterday.Trailer URL follows the picture and a IMDB summary is below.

 A teenager is accidentally sent 30 years into the past in a time-traveling DeLorean invented by his friend, Dr. Emmett Brown, and must make sure his high-school-age parents unite in order to save his own existence.
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi252380953/

No comments:

Post a Comment