Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Out Of Africa - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

Today its a different time of instant gratification and I want what I want when I what it and just won't wait !!!Sadly thats why I had to take 1 and 1/2 stars off this 1985 release that runs quite long at 161 minutes.Most of todays younger viewers will get bored and those who never read won't appreciate the way this story unfolds.Thats a shame because it is truly worth waiting for.My only issue is I always find it hard to understand the troubles of life and loves of the privileged.In a story of this time and setting,sadly,thats the only way it can be told,through their eyes, and I have accepted that.Oh and the acting?? Did I say Meryl Streep and Robert Redford ??So if you like a long sprawling landscaped love story in a exotic time and place,by all means,see it.Trailer URL follows the picture and a IMDB summary is below.

Follows the life of Karen Blixen, who establishes a plantation in Africa. Her life is Complicated by a husband of convenience (Bror Blixen), a true love (Denys), troubles on the plantation, schooling of the natives, war, and catching VD from her husband. Written by Tony Bridges <tbridges@spicer.com>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbVTzvvvtQ8

No comments:

Post a Comment