Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Monday, May 13, 2013

Rush Hour 3 - 3 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

Although Jackie Chan has no writer or director credits on this film I'm sure he had some input because there are a few obvious homages to classic pictures in this film.My favorite is the old whose on first routine from Abbott and Costello,in this case,whats my name, and even a few "Godfather"a film reviewed on the blog,references amongst others. That was the main enjoyment for me,spotting them.As a buddy film it has the off the wall,they can't possibly get along opposites needed to pull it off, and there does seem to be a chemistry between Chan and Chris Tucker.However I had to take 1 and 1/2 stars off because showing Paris is not a excuse for no real storyline,and,some of the stereotyping even upsets me.Yet at times it can be hilarious.I mean Chan ordering fried chicken and sweet potato pie and tucker going for Chinese "take out" after a argument,as comfort food,is pretty funny for me.I recommend with a warning,it can be very PC incorrect,I don't mind,but some of you might.I have to revisit the first 2 in this series and I understand a 4th is on the way.Trailer URL follows the picture and a IMDB summary below.

After an attempted assassination on Ambassador Han, Lee and Carter head to Paris to protect a French woman with knowledge of the Triads' secret leaders.
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi629473561/

No comments:

Post a Comment