Visitors to this blog

Visitors and Readers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Safety of Objects -2 1/2 stars out of 5 stars

Released in 2001 and running 121 minutes this is NOT my kinda film.Yes living in suburbia has the ability to lend itself to the strangest sorts of"complicated lives"one can imagine but I guess I don't want to finish a movie thinking boy were that screwed up so I guess I'm not.What I want to feel is joy or happiness or even forfilment but happy because someone else is not?So I will just say the regular themes are her,teenage angst,career disappointment,divorce,family tragedies ect.What drew me to the film was a OUTSTANDING cast.This is almost a "breakfast club"(I'll review in the future)in the sense of being early works of Joshua Jackson,Kristen Stewart,Timothy Olyphant,Aaron Ashmore  amongst others as well as veterans such as Mary Kay Place,Robert Klein,Dermot Mulroney,Glenn Close and many others BUT the one I really wanted to see and was NOT disappointed was Patricia Clarkson in a role FAR different from "Cairo Time"which I loved and reviewed earlier.So if like great acting but a very depressing script than this is your flick.Sadly I can only give it 2 1/2 stars because its not my kinda movie and has been done many times before.I did like the song at the end "Paul's song"Trailer URL follows pix
http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3153658137/

No comments:

Post a Comment